Sunday, October 25, 2009

Goodnesss

Goodness its been what...Nearly 2 months since I last updated this blog? Well gee lets see whats happened since then..Well, no one has died-which is a good thing. No ones been born-thank god cuz that would be unexpected..Hearts havent been broken, so, I'd say these past 2 months have been great. Although there is one really traumatic event that hits people once a year..And its happening to me a week from today..A week from today I'll be 23, and I cant seem to stop thinking about it. Birthdays are always rough for me, as are any holidays. They are that way just because they're days when things feel a bit out of the ordinary. For some reason, I don't really like that feeling. They're also a bit shakey for the same reason New Years is for me-its a time to reflect. OK most folks probably don't look that much into their birthdays and derive that much meaning or analysis from it-but I do. I often reflect on where I was planning to be at this age and in reality where I am. When I was about 13 I always imagined that I would be married and have a full time job by now-Im farrrr from that. Am I upset because I didnt fulfill my dream from when I was 13? Do I feel like a failure? Not at all. I think I've allwoed God to work in me-most of the time-and lead me to where I am today. For some folks "the rest of your life" seems so clear cut-either you get married or enter the religious life-but for some like me, its a bit more rocky. Its all good though---Good, character building rocky ground =)

No comments:

Post a Comment