Tuesday, November 24, 2009

?

Who knew forgiveness could be so hard at times. When you think you've accomplished this feight something comes up and reminds you of the person you need to forgive--and you ask yourself, have I really forgiven this person? For me, it all goes back to a few months ago when I was involved with someone who wasnt the best for me. Right around now I cant help but be confronted with this person because theyre on t.v.! Once I asked a priest about forgiveness, and said that it is not as cut and dry and easy as it may seem- that is..Forgive the person and forget. You really can never forget what happened, you can't it is virtually impossible. And if anyone has figured out how you do so I'd like to know the secret. But I was told by this priest that forgiveness is a process..Which seems to be a conclusion that any reasonable person could draw--but remember, this blog is called "Journeys of a Prodigal"..No journies of a smart person, journies of a saint/angel/mystic (and even in saints cases, the prodigal is often true before their latter lives as saints). I guess the thing is that you can say "I've forgiven this person," as, Im not going to hold any ill thoughts towards them, seek revenge, or hold on to bitterness and anger. Of course it may still hurt to think of this person or be reminded of this person, but thats an internal struggle which must be brought to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment