Thursday, July 9, 2009

Gym

OK folks, I go to the gym nearly every day..Hoping to achieve that perfect body, that body that is seen on magazines, on t.v., etc..I burn at least 300 calories a day, but, I never seem to achieve the results I want. So, I've been going tanning after my workouts in hopes on achieving something...Something desirable.. But, never happens. I was thinking of this just now because first of all, Im getting ready to go to the gym. Second of all, I was at a class that the seminarian/deacon we have at my church is giving. Its on Genesis and we were reading the beginning when there was the tree of Good and Bad and yada yada yada.. Well, Eve obviously listens to Satan and wishes to become like God so she eats that stuff from the bad tree. I guess maybe even perfection (Garden of Eden) wasn't good enough for her. She wanted to find something new and enticing. Well, I feel like that sometimes. I feel God's love and presence in my life even moreso since I've been going to adoration on a daily basis, but sometimes things just arent good enough. I take matters into my own hands to try and make my life a Garden of Eden sort of place, yet fail because a human's ideas of perfection are quite different from God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment