Thursday, July 2, 2009

I did it!

I woke up with plenty of time to spare before work! Well, I had a really sore throat so I guess that didn't help me with sleeping--I hope I didnt catch that from a certain someone, you know who you are! JK :) Well anyways, I was online just now and ran across something that reminded me of a time in my life that I can now look back on and say "What the hell was I thinking?" YOu know, we all do it-make stupid decisions. Sometimes we can easily move on from those stupid decisions, assuming they don't land us in a wheel chair- but other times its a little bit more difficult to forgive yourself for certain actions. Forgiving other people is definetly hard, but sometimes forgiving yourself is a whole different animal. Im not saying that I haven't forgiven myself for certain mistakes I've made in my life, because I do go to confession just about every week, and that certainly helps in the department of "forgiving yourself." I guess its realizing that if God can forgive even the hardest of hearts, He can forgive you as well. And I figure if God can forgive me, why would it be so hard for a simple person (compared to God) to forgive themself. I guess a lot of it is a long the lines of the expectations we hold for ourselves, our self esteem, etc. I don't really know. But I just figured I'd start a blog topic on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment