Wednesday, July 1, 2009

O-B-A-M-A

Voting is a great thing people in America are allotted....But I notice a lot of times we don't have complete freedom over who to vote for..Its a very biased process, where you have people trying to sway you this way and that- theres really no clear way to just go and make up your own mind. Its actually kinda like trying to find a good newspaper to read- theres always gonna be a bias to the article. Theres no doubt about it..A lot of times I'll admit that I get sick and tired of trying to do the good Catholic thing and vote on behalf of the issues that matter. I didn't vote for Obama, I settled for the lesser of the two evils- Mccain.. Neither really appealed to me- McCain had a weak campaign, and, well where theres Obama theres Oprah...And Hillary Rotten Clinton.. Well, I mention politics because there is this priest out there, Fr. Frank Pavone, who sent out a newsletter for the Priests for Life following the election (don't ask why I get "priests for life newsletters-i just do)..In his newsletter Father mentioned something like the majority of Catholics voted for Obama because the favored such and such over human life.. Really, why did the majority of Catholics vote for Obama? Perhaps the same reason the majority of Catholics are Catholic in name only, and the majority don't believe in the True Presence?? Really-they voted for Obama because of a lack of connection to the faith.
Maybe there were some faithful Catholics who voted for Obama for other reasons. I have a couple of friends who are die-hard pro-life Democrats (oxymoron!)who did vote for Obama. They are Democrats because they feel as though Republicans don't help in regards to social justice and poverty..Well, as a Republican I would of course have to find reasons to disagree with that and what not..But thats not what Im setting out to do right now.. I guess the thing is my friends had good intentions when they voted for Obama-they didnt vote in hopes that thousands more babies would die, but so that other people may have a chance to have food on their table and a home. Now will that happen under Obama's reign? Probably not, but, I guess my point is I hate it when people are quick to point the finger at what folks didnt do, and don't bother to see the meaning behind their actions. Is voting for Obama the wisest decision? Hell, is even nominating Obama a wise decision?? I don't know. Only God really knows. But hes here and we need to learn to deal with it- hence I took Spanish in case Hillary got more power, therefore I shall move to Spain.. :) ADIOS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment