Saturday, June 20, 2009

Headacchhhheee

Dude..I woke up with the worst headache this morning..No, I didn't do anything last night that would've caused this-but it sure felt like I did. Well, ok, since this is supposed to be a Catholic blog I guess I should relate it to the faith..How does one relate having a headache to their faith? Well, I get a lot of headaches, and they aren't just small ones that some tylenol will take care of. I get them to the point where I need to stay in and can't go out. Sucks. But anyways, I guess sometimes when I get a headache it reminds me of how bad off I could be. Most of the time it goes away over night and Im fine the next day- but theres lots of folks out there who aren't that lucky. I see it all the time as an occupational therapy student, in fact I've experienced a little bit of it myself when I broke my hip several years ago. Let me just say there is nothing more humbling than not being able to get up out of bed to do simple tasks- and needing someone else to do it for you. I guess having experienced a bit of that myself helps me to emphathize with patients, I don't know. But anyways, having a headache really helps me to remember how much God has blessed me. And I think theres lots of folks out there who feel the same way when they've gotten hurt or had an illness of some sort. Not only can I get out of bed in the morning and make it to the bathroom without help, I can turn the channel when Oprah comes on and I can run around with the children at work--I guess the point is what more can one ask for?? Sometimes I feel as though I have more than what I deserve but less than what I desire, and its really pretty selfish I guess to want more when I already have more than what a lot of folks out there have. OK well thats my mindless rambling for today..I'll post more on this later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment