Thursday, June 25, 2009

My last...

My last post was a bit pathetic I admit..Its OK though..Just a slight human moment :) It was completly unoriginal-because I hop on to facebook and "RIP Michael Jackson..Farrah Fawcett.. [Ed McMahon]." Was everywhere. I failed to recognize Ed McMahon, simply because Im holding on to a grudge since he never showed up at my house with balloons and a big check with my name and one million dollah on it. It will pass eventually though. Nothing a little confession, penance, and prayer can't fix :) Anyhow..I was looking over some news, and noticed an article pretty much freaking out over Anne Coulter's comment on the murder of abortion doctor, something Tiller..I forget his first name, so sue me. Well anyhow, it was bitching about how she mentioned that they had killed Tiller in his something-hundreth trimester. People were pretty pissed off with Coulter's words about the whole situation. What people failed to recognize was that Coulter stated that she didn't condone the killers- but just the fact that she was making a statement to question the idea of just when does life begin? When we kill a child in its first trimester, its pretty much the same as killing a person in their 100th trimester. While Coulter can be a bit to blunt for me sometimes, she had a point. And I guess the whole argument irks me because people seem to be able to rip into conservatives so freely, while bashing a liberal is much less tolerated. Liberals are often seen as "progressive" and the "open-minded" folks who support the people...I guess liberals have convinced us that was is different these days seems to be the "politically correct" way to be, whereas being a conservative and opposing certain views is simply rude and intolerant (and homophobic). Well, I'll write more later. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment